Tuesday 7 September 2010

Romo&Stomz – OnTopRoboForm?

I caught up with the two Midlands based artists to see what the latest is, especially after the word on the rumour mill is Romo has been linked to some very influential artists & the release of Stomz debut E.P Here’s the exclusive SupaTrax interview…

SupaTrax; Lads, Lads, Lads….Thank you so much for taking time out of your schedules to do this interview for me…

Romo & Stomz; (laughs) it’s ok mo-mo

Supatrax; Right, So who is Stomz? & what are you about?

Stomz; Whose Stomz? Well, Stomz is an artist, not just a grime artist. I’d say Stomz is kind of the man that’s got his own style, doesn’t sound like anybody else, so if you say whose Stomz then an individual that’s who Stomz is.

SupaTrax; Ok, So what about you Romo? Who is Romo & what are you about?

Romo; Romo is a lot of things, not just an artist but an aspiring young entrepreneur, (laughs), I don’t even want to say too much but keep your eyes peeled because I can entertain in more ways than one. What am I about? Well, again, I’m about a lot of things, it’s kind of hard to explain. It’s more a thing of keep your eyes peeled and look out for more if you want to see what I’m really about. I can’t really put it into words because I could wake up tomorrow and I’m about something then wake up another day and I’m about something else. Do you know what I mean? All I know is that I’m serious. Just know that its serious things, Stay locked if you want to know more.

Supatrax; Who inspired you to do music?

Romo; My Mum is my main inspiration for my music. It’s best to say my mum inspired me because she’s a singer. I grew up in a household with music around me so that’s what’s made me want to do music so bad.
Stomz; My dad’s side of the family are involved in music, my uncle is a musician. It’s one of them ones where it’s my time.

Supatrax; what’s your view on the grime scene at the moment? As a whole and/or Birmingham
Romo; For Birmingham, I would say it’s good. The grime scene in Birmingham is developing again, it’s coming back stronger. Obviously, there’s controversy as everyone knows. People are doing things that they don’t need to be doing. Everyone should just watch their own thing and do their own thing. I think everyone is just on some hype thing at the moment (laughs) on madness. I personally, think the London scene is going good, people are getting signed for different things, some people are saying some people have sold out but at the end of the day it’s music. Overall, Grime is back, it dideh. Let’s just hope that grime can be charted and then people won’t have to necessarily cross over into other genres, they can stick to what they want to do if that’s what they want to do.

Supatrax; Stomz, what’s your view on the grime scene at the moment?

Stomz; (laughs) I would say certain artists are gassed! There are a lot of artists that think they can sound like certain other artists and get the recognition for sounding like another artist. It’s not that! Certain artists have got their own styles and other artists are trying to teef flows. Certain Birmingham artists are gas still but there are artists out there that are doing their own thing. Artists from London need to branch out from Grime early so that they can’t be labelled sell outs and just doing music. That’s what I’ve got to say.

Supatrax; What artists in the Grime scene are you feeling? That’s Birmingham and the UK

Romo; There’s too many for me to sit here and just say names. It’s more ok, they’re could be a song from so and so and the songs good and I like that song but then they might come with another song and I don’t like that song but it’s the same for another artist. I just respect everyone whose on they’re thing and just stay true to what they’re doing. I listen to myself and who I’m around; Stomz, Young Greatness, Flawz etc. but other than that obviously I hear everything what people put out but I kind of keep to my circle and not get trapped into other things that I don’t need to get trapped into.

Supatrax; Romo! The rumour mill is spinning! I’m hearing your working with some big influential artists….Supatrax would like the lowdown!

Romo; (laughs) Ahhh, I don’t want to say too much, I don’t blow my own horn (horn noise). Just keep locked. At the end of the day, I’ve got Birmingham on the back, I’m carrying the brand forward, making them know, so yes, that’s what it is, (laughs), representing the home sides.
Supatrax; Ahhh…Lets be blunt…So how was your Studio session with Wiley?

Romo; (Laughs) that was good! That was a good thing, it was a shock but I would like to think I held it down for Birmingham. When the song comes out and people hear that song they’re going to be like, ‘There’s a man on there from Birmingham and his gone hard’ so on and so forth. That again, is a good look. It will make people more perceptive of other artists that aren’t from London.

Supatrax; When can we be hearing the song with yourself and Wiley?

Romo; You can hear it now on the Jam Your Hype mixtape. It’s on there, so make sure you cop that and also look out for the Prelude E.P at the same time. That’s a bonus…whole loads of songs on there! 20 tracks deep and more, (laughs), loads of goodies!!

Supatrax; Stomz, you recently released your song ‘Kryptonion Sounds’ produced by Rynsa Man. What’s the feedback been like?

Stomz; I don’t really look for feedback but it’s getting plays, so people obviously like it and obviously it’s one of those that people can relate to because I’m seeing the bars floating around on Facebook and on status’ so it’s getting good feedback. ‘Kryptonion Sounds’ will be on my 2nd cd too so watch out for that one.

Supatrax; You’ve both had definitive starts to 2010, what can we expect from the both of you for the rest of this year?

Stomz; Things are in progress, we’ve got music coming. CD’s, E.P’s, starting up some ideas that can’t really be said too much about until they are along the way of nearly there but it’s one of them, a lot of things are coming.

Supatrax; Ok lads…let SupaTrax into some exclusives

Stomz & Romo; Robo

Supatrax; What’s Robo?

Stomz; Watch this space

Romo; To continue on the exclusivity from Stomz, I’m going to add face to that. So, RoboFace. I’m not saying anymore (laughs), but alots coming, a lot.

Supatrax; So we can be expecting a lot from Romo and Stomz in 2010. Thank you for taking the time out and we’ll catch up with you soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home