Thursday 30 December 2010

Nasa Woods...


So, Nasa, what brought you to the video shoot today?

I'm here to support Drew, I’ve known him for a while, and he was in one of my groups when I was younger. Drew has got a really good voice, you can here it on the track, and it’s amazing. I wish him all the best success because he works very hard and he deserves all the success that comes with what he is about to do.

Who is Nasa Woods and what are you about?

I’m a UK singer, I mainly focus on R&B and Pop and I’m also a dancer, I do popping and UK hip-hop and street. Look out for me; I’ll be coming up with a few videos hopefully, next year.

Who or what inspired you to do music?

Michael Jackson is a big inspiration for my music and dancing career. When I was younger I used to always watch Michael, his dancing inspired me. Musically, my main influences are Michael, 112, Jagged Edge, basically, people with soul. I love to listen to people with soul.

What makes you different to other singers?

My image, I look very different. I do R&B and I also dance so I’m coming out with something different, qwerky. There are a lot of singers out there, some of them are already dancing but I do things differently, I’m more creative and crazy, (laughs), I would say that me being in a boy band previously has given me a lot of experience within the music industry. I think when you’re in a band and you've worked with different producers and writers it builds you up as a character, I think I’m ready now. I've got the experience behind me from what I did before to smash it and take over!

What can we expect from Nasa Woods in 2011?

Hopefully, I’ll be in the process of making myself a household name. I'm aiming to get myself in the UK top 10, but the main aim is to build my fan base, because, I am a fresh artist. I’m trying to establish myself as a solo artist as I was doing loads of other things before.

Finally, what is your opinion on the music scene at the moment?

I think at the moment there are a lot of talented artists in the UK but they're undiscovered, it's really hard to express yourself in the music scene but I think at the moment people are doing really well. For instance, N Dubz, Tinchy Stryder, Chipmunk and Tinie Tempah, are all doing really well, they're creating a household name in the UK and worldwide. At the moment, UK music is all good.

Thank you for taking time out to do this interview.

You can reach Nasa on Twitter and Facebook, @Nasawoods and 'Nasa Woods'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home