Wednesday 29 December 2010

An insight into J Stories...


I caught up with J Stories on the set of Drew and Curfew's brand new music video. Check the interview out....

So, what brought you to the video shoot today J?

Well, it's my brother's video shoot and his supported me through my whole music career so I’m here to support him as well. I've got a cameo in the video so I’m kind of excited, going to be shown on TV, (laughs), some lovely ladies are going to see me as well, so you know, it's going to be nice! (Laughs), have you heard the track?! It's fantastic but I’m always around Drew so it's been drummed into my head consistently, (laughs), but it's a fantastic track.

Lets get down to the nitty gritty...who is J Stories and what are you about?

My name is J Stories and I'm a singer/songwriter, actor and dancer. Basically, I'm a philanthropist, an entrepreneur. I'm just everything that you could imagine within your imagination and more.

Who or what inspired your music career?

Various artists have inspired me and my music career. Artists like Michael Jackson, Prince, Freddy Mercury, Kanye West, versatile artists.

What genres of music do you focus on?

I do all types of genres, my style is very analytic! It encompasses all popular music within the industry right now but I do try to implement some of the older music sounds and add my own flavour to it, thus, creating my own unique sound.

What artists do you listen to?

To be honest, I don't really listen to that many artists but I do listen to a lot of old school music, for instance, the Temptations, Prince and Michael Jackson. I also listen to a lot of my friend’s music, for example, Drew and Nasa Woods.

What makes you different to other artists?

I don't think I’m comparable to other singers, because I have my own style and I implement this into my music. I put my own style to popular music by putting my own identity and stamp on it, in my opinion; this is what makes me stand out. I like to make music that's catchy and encourages people to listen to it and remember it.

What can we expect from J Stories in 2011?

Well, basically, I wrote a song called 'My World' with my friend Glam, who’s a rapper, and we'll be doing the music video for that in January. The director that is shooting our video is the same director that shot Tinchy Stryder's 'Game Over' video and Scorcher's 'It's my name' video, his name's Rich Vision and his very good at what he does so it should be a good video. I'll also be shooting a second video to one of my singles that I wrote with Drew, it's called 'Sound Control'. There are definitely good things coming in the New Year.

What is your opinion on the music scene at the moment?

To be honest, for urban music, it is very good! It's a good time for people to come up right now, because a lot of people are succeeding in the music industry that weren't succeeding before. As long as your music is good and it can appeal to the demographic of the UK then you'll be able to make something of yourself in the industry.

Thank you.

Check out J Stories on 'JStoriesLive' on YouTube and @MrStories on Twitter

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home